How to Pair Your AirPods or Bluetooth Headphones to an Apple Watch
Credit: Abdulrahman Alshahrani / Shutterstock
Besides taking care of yourself, you can also use the Apple Watch to entertain yourself. And while the Apple Watch won’t fully function without an iPhone, you can still use it by itself to listen to music like an MP3 player.
To listen to your favorite tunes or podcast episodes, you’ll need to connect your AirPods or Bluetooth headphones directly to your Apple Watch. This is not that hard to do. In fact, if you’ve paired your AirPods to your iPhone, your Apple watch should be automatically paired up to them as well.
Whether you’re using regular AirPods or other Bluetooth headphones, here’s how you can connect them to your Apple Watch.
How to Pair Your AirPods to Your Apple Watch
Chances are, you’ve paired your AirPods to your Apple Watch before without even realizing it. In most cases, as soon as you pair your AirPods to your iPhone, your Apple Watch will get paired up as well.
But if that wasn’t the case, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Control Center on your Apple Watch. Do this by swiping up from the bottom of your screen.
- Select the AirPlay icon.
- You should see your AirPods on your screen. Select them and you’re good to go.
If you want to go for the longer route, you can also connect your AirPods by going to the Settings on your Apple Watch like this:
- Go to the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Tap on your AirPods to pair them.
How to Pair Your Bluetooth Headphones to Your Apple Watch
Even if you’re not using AirPods, the Apple Watch still lets you connect your own Bluetooth headphones. Luckily, the steps are similar to what you’d do when pairing some AirPods. Here’s what you need to do:
- Make sure your headphones are in pairing mode.
- Go to the Settings on your Apple Watch.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Look for the name of your headphones and select them.
Your Apple Watch can be paired with different Bluetooth devices, even connect heart rate monitors, not only headphones. These are the steps you need to follow to connect any Bluetooth device to your Apple Watch.
How to Unpair Your Bluetooth Headphones or Any Other Device
Keeping track of what devices are connected to your Apple Watch is just as important as on your iPhone. If you stopped using a pair of headphones, or any other Bluetooth device, and you wish to remove it from your Apple Watch these are the steps you have to follow:
- Tap on the Settings on your Apple Watch.
- Go to Bluetooth.
- Locate the accessory you wish to remove.
- Tap on the “i” icon next to the device’s name.
- Tap on Forget Device.