iOS Developer Leaked a Trove of Upcoming watchOS 4.1 Features
iOS developer Guilherme Rambo gained popularity last month when he made public a number of eleventh-hour iPhone X leaks. Now, the infamous dev is back with yet another round of information pertinent to Apple’s upcoming watchOS 4.1 software update, which will not only bring with it the typical speed, security, and stability enhancements expected of a new software build, but also a number of important features that will enhance the Apple Watch experience.
Published to Twitter via his official account on Wednesday, Guilherme’s list reads like a ‘who’s-who?’ of features, which were discovered in the final golden master (GM) build of the upcoming watchOS 4.1 build.
Worth noting is that some (but not all) of these features were present in the watchOS 4.1 GM build Apple recently began seeding to its registered developers for testing; however there are also a number of exciting new improvements to come which were not present, but will be in the final build.
Features and Fixes Coming in watchOS 4.1
- Stream music on Apple Watch Series 3 with Apple Music or iCloud Music Library
- Listen to live radio on Beats 1, custom stations, and expert-curated stations with the new Radio app on Apple Watch Series 3
- Use Siri to find, discover, and play songs, playlists, or albums
- Sync fitness data with GymKit-enabled treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, and indoor bikes for more accurate distance, pace, and energy burn metric
- Ability to disconnect from a WiFi network in Control Center for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular)
- Fixes an issue for Apple Watch Series 1 and later where Heart Rate notifications were delivered when the feature was not enabled
- Fixes an issue where some users did not receive Stand Reminders
- Resolves an issue where the current stand hour indicator did not appear for some users
- Resolves an issue that caused haptics to not be delivered for silent alarm
- Addresses an issue that prevented Apple Watch (1st generation) from charging for some users
- Resolves an issue where the Sunrise and Sunset complication would sometimes not appear
- Restores Mandarin as the default dictation language for China
Remember to keep in mind that this list is subject to change at any time, meaning Apple could ultimately decide to scrap, or even add in, features between now and the public release. As for a timeframe for said release, we simply don’t have any indications right now. However with iOS 11.1 rumored to start rolling out next week, we could potentially see watchOS 4.1 come alongside it (or at the least, shortly thereafter).